LED Pest Repeller in Living Room

The Use of Pesticides in and Around the Home Can Cause Serious Health Risks

If you have pests such as rodents or insects in your home, of course you must take action to get rid of them. An easy and immediate step would seem to be to simply spray infested areas with a pesticide. But before doing that, think about this. It’s true that pesticides kill unwanted disease-carrying pests, but pesticides are not discriminatory. Any living thing – including children and pets in and around your home – can be adversely affected by the use of pesticides.

There are serious health and environmental concerns about the use of pesticides in and around the home. Pesticides can be deadly to pets and other animals. But of even greater concern is the health harm to humans.

Exposure to pesticides can lead to neurological disorders, such as memory loss or mood swings; chronic health issues such as asthma and allergies; birth defects; and several cancers such as leukemia, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, brain cancer and breast cancer.

Though pests such as mosquitoes and rodents spread serious diseases, clearly the overuse of pesticides can also cause adverse and potentially life-threatening health risks too.

If you are at all health-conscious, why spray toxic chemicals into your home environment at all? It seems counter-intuitive to a healthy lifestyle, for sure. Residue from pesticides can settle onto food (did you move the pet dish before spraying around baseboards in the kitchen?), clothing, bedding, or linger in the air.

It was the 19th century American poet and philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson who said, “The first wealth is health.” His wisdom was true then, and even more so now.

If you treasure good health, why risk health and environment by using pesticides to get rid of pests? Choose a safe, non-toxic solution instead.

 

 

 

 

Leave a Comment: